KAV creates the first helmet that you want to wear and provides an elevated level of protection for you and the planet. Our 3D printing process means each helmet is made-to-order resulting in a custom fit and eliminates waste. Starting with the first 3d printed hockey helmet and our new bike helmet, KAV redefines your personal best.
Additive Manufacturing Lead - ownership of everything that goes into, comes out of or is currently in our 3D printer farm.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Proactively maintaining printers for 95% up time and fixing printers as needed.
- Creating and improving existing manufacturing and prototyping processes.
- Running and harvesting helmet components fabricated on our 3D printers to keep them humming 24/6.
- Maintaining inventory of raw materials and quality checks.
- Fabrication of advanced prototypes.
Key Ingredients for Success:
- A shared passion for our mission and with it the desire to put all that you love into everything that you do at KAV.
- Diligence and organization to run the printers in an environment requiring high tolerances and quality to provide the best helmets in the world.
- Initiative to proactively improve on our early infrastructure, make suggestions and acting on them.
- Preferably several years of experience with FDM printers.
- “A spike” - the team is comprised of a professional violist from the SF Orchestra, a two-time D1 national volleyball champion, and an engineer who used laser interferometry to detect corrosion in nuclear reactors. The only thing our diverse team has in common is excellence.
What You’ll Get:
- The fun and excitement of working in a growing company, developing bleeding edge technology.
- The freedom to develop amongst an experienced team from Google, Giro and Bell.
- Competitive salary and stock options in an early stage startup.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying