KAV creates the first helmet that you want to wear and provides an elevated level of protection for you and the planet. Our 3D printing process means each helmet is made-to-order resulting in a custom fit and eliminates waste. Starting with the first 3d printed hockey helmet and our new bike helmet, KAV redefines your personal best.
Leading marketing means you'll own the brand, marketing and building out our messaging capabilities. You will directly drive the sales of the next generation helmets and an integral part of accelerating our mission.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborating with the CEO to build and shepherd the KAV brand. Owning the front end of the customer journey from when athletes first hear about KAV, to nurturing and educating to the initial sale where our relationship continues. Drive success through data and KPIs.
- Driving all our marketing actives online and off.
- Accelerating our grassroots growth by providing a platform for customers to share their experiences. This includes building relationships with key athletes, ambassadors, and partners and running events like the Sea Otter Classic and the Hockey Expo.
- Generating earned media with the press ranging from design awards, epidemic press, tech publications and lifestyle magazines.
Key Ingredients for Success:
- A shared passion for our mission and with it the desire to put all that you love into everything that you do at KAV.
- Initiative to execute and drive sales as a direct-to-consumer company with a highly differentiated product.
- Exceptional writing skills. The ability to put passion into words with engaging copy, pithy posts, and a dose of humor while staying on brand.
- Experience building a brand from scratch with 5+ years of experience and at least 3 years of experience in a DTC business, lifestyle, and/or sports brand. Ability to relate to and emphasize with our target market is a must.
- “A spike” - the team is comprised of a professional violist from the SF Orchestra, a two-time D1 national volleyball champion, and an engineer who used laser interferometry to detect corrosion in nuclear reactors. The only thing our diverse team has in common is excellence.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying